Saturday, February 28, 2009

Farewell to Hank


This was taken of Hank the day before he died. The loss of him being gone is so great. We had him for 9 yrs and he brought us so much joy. He had so many health problems and the last 4 days he was sick and wouldn't eat. We knew it was time. In the picture he has even dropped the paper. One of his favorite things to do was carry in the paper. Putting him to sleep was the hardest thing we have ever done. So final. The house is so quit and lonely. We will love him forever. Goodbye our little companion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Hank. May find my beloved Jazzmine & Boodles who I lost 4 months apart last year after 12 & 10 years respectfully & lovingly. I miss them every single day and can only pray God reaches his kind loving hand down to pat the foreheads and give them big smooches and hugs. Jazzmine, my dutch shepherd was the light of my life for years. Boodles came to us through a rescue. Both adored.

I know what you must be going through. I feel your pain and your loss. May God bless your heart and soul and fill them with the loving memories our critters bestow upon us. HUGS

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

My dear friend, I know how sad this has been for you. We lost our 12 1/2 yr old sheltie Ginger in May. She was never sick a day until that last week. I hold her in my heart every day as I know you do with your wonderful Hank. They bring so much to our lives and ask so little. Blessings to you, my friend. Take care, Coralie